pligd02If you have your own office and work alone without other dentists, then individual professional liability insurance is what you need. It is essential to cover all liability claims and other issues that arise.

However, you may be joining an existing office with many professionals. In that case, you may have a group policy. Sometimes, the office does not offer insurance and you will need to get your own, but most of the time; they have a group policy that you can join.

Both carry the same benefits, except group policies often have lower rates since they involve several dentists. HMBD Insurance Services in conjunction with Fortress offers both options for general dentists, and HMBD also offers other liability insurance for dental surgeon professionals through OMSNIC (Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon National Insurance Company).